Noel Hanna

Adventurer

Everest Updates

Sun 10th May 2009

It is now Sun. 10 th and the weather has turned for the worst. Atleast another 4/5 days of bad weather with strong winds and snow forcast. All 3 of us healthy and well — just waiting on good weather.


Thurs 30th April 2009

Thur 30th April leave base camp on our last acclimatization climb. Sleep at camp 1 then Fri. climb to camp 2. We slept at camp 2 on Fri. night then pushed up to camp 3 on Sat morn. On Sun morning we climbed higher above camp 3 but blizzard conditions made us turn around at approx. 7300 mtr. We then trekked back to camp 2 where we spent a night before heading back to base camp. Lynne / Pat and myself then got changed and headed down lower on the mountain to Periche 4300mtr for rest. We spent spent 5 nights lower on the mountain then returned back to base camp on Sat 9th waiting on a weather window.


Sun 26th April 2009

It is now Sun 26th of April and we are back down at base camp after a short trip up to camp 1 + 2. We left base camp on Thur23 April and trekked through the ice fall to camp 1. We spent 1 night there then trekked to camp 2 the next morning. On Sat 25th we left camp 2 and trekked all the way back down to base camp. This morning we got a message from camp 2 that most of our tents were blown down due to very strong winds. We hope to rest at base camp for 3/4 days then head back up the mountain.


Wed 22nd April 2009

It is now Wed 22nd and we have been resting at base camp for the last 3/4 days after a trip up to camp 1 for 1 night(6100mtr). We leave 2moro morning at 5 am for a climb to camp 1 for 1 night then climb onto camp 2 (6500mtr) and spend 1 night there before returning to base camp for another 3/4 days rest before heading back up the mountain. Lynne, Pat and myself are all keeping well and looking forward to getting out of base camp again for a few nights.


Tues 14th April 2009

We left Dengboche on Sat 11th and trekked to Dingboche. We stayed there 1 night then trekked to Base camp arriving Mon. 13th. A lot of tents at Base camp. All night there was the sound of avalanches all around. Both keeping well and hopefully heading up the Khumbu to camp 1 on Thurs 16th.


Thurs 09th April 2009

Due to the problems with the small planes not flying to Lukla because of bad weather our team chartered a large helicopter and we flew out of Kathmandu on Tue. with all our gear to Namche Bazar 3450 mts. Today Wed 8th we walked for about 3/4 hours and had a height gain of approx. 350 mts. We had our first views of Everest from the south side. Team all doing well and looking forward to leaving Namche Bazar Thur 9th morning to walk to Tengboche 3860 mts.


Sun 05th April 2009

Just an update. It is Sun 5th and we are still in Kathmandu. We were suppose to leave for the mountain yesterday. We got our flight and flew to almost Lukla and the cloud was that bad that the pilot turned the plane and headed back to Kathmandu. There were no flights on wed/thur/or fri either. So we are just waiting in Kathmandu. We will know at 7 pm tonite when to go back to the airport for new flight. If we get a flight Mon 6th or Tue 7th we will not be into base camp until 6/8 days later so will not be able to send another email until then. Bye for now, Noel.

Everest Updates

Sun 10th May 2009

It is now Sun. 10 th and the weather has turned for the worst. Atleast another 4/5 days of bad weather with strong winds and snow forcast. All 3 of us healthy and well — just waiting on good weather.


Thurs 30th April 2009

Thur 30th April leave base camp on our last acclimatization climb. Sleep at camp 1 then Fri. climb to camp 2. We slept at camp 2 on Fri. night then pushed up to camp 3 on Sat morn. On Sun morning we climbed higher above camp 3 but blizzard conditions made us turn around at approx. 7300 mtr. We then trekked back to camp 2 where we spent a night before heading back to base camp. Lynne / Pat and myself then got changed and headed down lower on the mountain to Periche 4300mtr for rest. We spent spent 5 nights lower on the mountain then returned back to base camp on Sat 9th waiting on a weather window.


Sun 26th April 2009

It is now Sun 26th of April and we are back down at base camp after a short trip up to camp 1 + 2. We left base camp on Thur23 April and trekked through the ice fall to camp 1. We spent 1 night there then trekked to camp 2 the next morning. On Sat 25th we left camp 2 and trekked all the way back down to base camp. This morning we got a message from camp 2 that most of our tents were blown down due to very strong winds. We hope to rest at base camp for 3/4 days then head back up the mountain.


Wed 22nd April 2009

It is now Wed 22nd and we have been resting at base camp for the last 3/4 days after a trip up to camp 1 for 1 night(6100mtr). We leave 2moro morning at 5 am for a climb to camp 1 for 1 night then climb onto camp 2 (6500mtr) and spend 1 night there before returning to base camp for another 3/4 days rest before heading back up the mountain. Lynne, Pat and myself are all keeping well and looking forward to getting out of base camp again for a few nights.


Tues 14th April 2009

We left Dengboche on Sat 11th and trekked to Dingboche. We stayed there 1 night then trekked to Base camp arriving Mon. 13th. A lot of tents at Base camp. All night there was the sound of avalanches all around. Both keeping well and hopefully heading up the Khumbu to camp 1 on Thurs 16th.


Thurs 09th April 2009

Due to the problems with the small planes not flying to Lukla because of bad weather our team chartered a large helicopter and we flew out of Kathmandu on Tue. with all our gear to Namche Bazar 3450 mts. Today Wed 8th we walked for about 3/4 hours and had a height gain of approx. 350 mts. We had our first views of Everest from the south side. Team all doing well and looking forward to leaving Namche Bazar Thur 9th morning to walk to Tengboche 3860 mts.


Sun 05th April 2009

Just an update. It is Sun 5th and we are still in Kathmandu. We were suppose to leave for the mountain yesterday. We got our flight and flew to almost Lukla and the cloud was that bad that the pilot turned the plane and headed back to Kathmandu. There were no flights on wed/thur/or fri either. So we are just waiting in Kathmandu. We will know at 7 pm tonite when to go back to the airport for new flight. If we get a flight Mon 6th or Tue 7th we will not be into base camp until 6/8 days later so will not be able to send another email until then. Bye for now, Noel.